Last week I was accompanied by the most adorable cook in the kitchen and she helped me in making theis wonderful pizza :). The wonderful guest was my four year old niece Suhani. My cousin sister, brother-in-law and their daughter Suhani came over for lunch and we made pizza at home plus there was this amazing masala pasta in tomato based sauce which my cousin cooked at home and brought along with her.
For the pizza, I used this recipe for the pizza dough and the sauce, and Suhani's favorite vegetables for topping.
Easy Homemade Pizza
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 capsicum cut into flowers
1/4 cup mushrooms cut into small pieces
Handful american corn
Fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Grease the baking tray with some olive oil. Roll out the dough and spread the sauce on the pizza
- Put onions, capsicum, mushrooms, corn and fresh basil leaves on top of the pizza
- Top the pizza with mozzarella cheese ( you can be generous with cheese just like Suhani who kept on saying she loves to eat cheese as she was sprinkled cheese from top :) )
- Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes and serve hot with a smile :)
The pizza turned out to be crisp and was full of flavor with the taste of basil leaves standing out with each bite. It was a wonderful afternoon spent over lunch and I had lots of fun listening to Suhani in the kitchen as she took over the task of decorating the pizzas using her creativity.
Hope you had a good weekend and are now all set for a new week ahead.